My Chat With a Jew (01)

A few days ago, I had a chat on Internet with a Jew. I went with the message of love and peace in the Jewish chat room, and hoped that I’ll get an encouraging and positive response. But I was frustrated. Below, I am reproducing my chat with that Jew, who refused to be the part of solution and insisted to be the part of problem. He was involved in blame game, and supported the use of violence and brutality. He was denying the basic human rights for Palestinians. Obviously, as long as such views prevail in human beings, peace is not possible.

Me: Judaism, Christianity, Islam; all are Abrahamic religions. Cannot we live with love and peace?
Him: Why don’t you go to the Muslims room and complain there?
Him: Have you tried that?
Me: Cannot we all solve our problems with peace?
Him: Sure when the Muslims (will) put down their weapons.
Me: All of us should put down our weapons.
Him: If the Israelis were to put down their weapons, there would be no more Israel.
Me: Blaming will not increase peace.
Him: I didn’t blame.
Him: I'm being realistic.
Him: You should too (be realistic).
Me: We all have similar complaints. Let us talk to reduce them with peace.
Him: How?
Me: Israel Palestine problem is a genuine problem; first of all we should admit it.
Him: No (one) has said otherwise...so I’m asking you for your solution...
Me: First of all, we should accept that (the) use of power will increase terrorism, it cannot solve the problem.
Him: Ok and your solution...........??
Him: Who should acknowledge that? Just the Jews?
Me: Do you believe a solution exists, or not. If you believe solution exists, we should all come up with something positive. Peace is the responsibility of us all.
Him: You didn’t answer my question.
Me: Do not put the burden of solution on me alone. What I am trying to convey is that if we believe solution exists, we should all try to work for it.
Him: You stated that it should be acknowledged that violence would not beget peace. Should only the Jews acknowledge that? That was my question...
Me: I admit that all of us should try for it. I admit Muslims also make mistakes. They involve in terrorism. What I am arguing is that we all should try positively.
Him: Ok, so tell me do you go to the Muslim chat rooms and say the same things you say in here?
Me: Can you say these things here. I always share such feelings with Muslims. Do you share with Jews?
Him: Sure, (I) do.
Me: What is the response?
Him: Most agree that it’s gotten to a critical point and that something more "strong" needs to be done.
Me: What do you mean by more "strong"?
Him: And most would agree that the concessions that Israel has given so far have done nothing.
Him: And that the recent action in Gaza was too little, too late.
Me: So what should Israel do?
Him: Cut off all aid to Gaza and stop caring about what the rest of the world will think.
Him: And begin to settle the area again.
Me: Settle means?
Him: Build Jewish communities.
Me: What is the conclusion? People like you do not want peace in the world. Your arguments are proof of it. Similar feelings are there in Muslims. So we are handing on a bad world to our next generations. When people like you, between Jews and Muslims will change their minds, then we will have a peaceful world. Do not blame Muslims only. You are equally responsible for the situation. I cannot change your thought. I can wish only.
Him: And if you notice I said nothing about killing anyone, and instead suggested positive, proactive actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Summary of Ramayana in Urdu (رامائن کا اردو خلاصہ)

Amar Shonar Bangla: An Urdu Translation

(حضور کرشن جی مہاراج) A Brief Biography of Krishna